Ramesh Babu from Banglore has proven that good business skills can take you to new heights. The story of this ordinary businessman with extraordinary wealth will leave you gaping in surprise.
He is a barber and runs the business of cutting and styling hair. His clients include politicians, military officers as well as movie stars such as Salman Khan, Aamir Khan as well as Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
He also owns a rent-a-car fleet of 67 alternative cars.
He drives to work in Rs 3.1 crore Rolls Royce Ghost. There are only five people in the city who own this luxurious car. He had bought it with his own hard earned money.
The income from the salon is pretty modest. Although, the luxury car rental business reaps him a fortune, making him one of India’s richest hairstylist.
- 1989: Ramesh’s father, who owned a small salon died leaving the barber’s shop as the only means of survival. Although, his mother started to work as a domestic help after leasing the shop for Rs 5 a day.
- 1994: Ramesh decided to run his father’s shop instead of continuing his education. The salon was called ‘Inner Space’ and was in a shopping complex near the school where he studied. It soon became a trendy styling outlet.
- 1997: As he always dreamt of owning a car, Ramesh purchased a Maruti Omni and started renting it to people for their personal use. That became the turning point in his life. His reputation grew with the car rental business.
- End of 1990: He was running a successful taxi operation business by the name of Ramesh Tours and Travels.
- 2004: He got into the luxury car rental and self-drive business.He also owns a Suzuki Intruder high-end bike that is worth Rs 16 lakh.Even today, he hasn’t forgotten his roots. He cuts hair for his old customers for just Rs 65. Although cars are his passion, he will continue to cut hair as long as his hands are healthy.